Aerial monitoring of assets that extend over long distances, like oil & gas pipeline, international borders and utility lines.
Semi-automomous unmanned aerial vehicle with vertical take-off & landing capability and 100 km flight range
The Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) is a hybrid between a multicopter and a fixed wing aircraft thus providing the advantage of vertical take-off & landing and long range flight capabilities.
UAVs can fly at lower altitude (60m) than manned helicopters to capture closer and more detailed images; with reduced atmospheric noise on sensors used for detecting oil/gas leak. The UAV has the following advantages:
1) Fixed wing mode for long range flight
2) Quadcopter mode for vertical take-off, landing and hovering
3) High definition stereo vision cameras to perceive 3D depth data and illegal encroachments
4) Thermal camera or differential absorption LIDAR for identifying leakages
5) 2 kg payload capacity with a range of ~100 km
6) There is no need for additional infrastructure like runways or catapult.