How It Works
Submit your application online by 31st December 2018 11.59 P.M IST
Expert feedback at each stage of the shortlisting process
Handholding & facilitation
Shortlisted innovations receive dedicated commercialization support
Industry & Partner Connections
Access to exclusive events, connects and community
- Taking your innovation to market
- Connections to industry and ecosystem
- Technology validation support
Both individuals and organisations having a working prototype can apply
Accelerating Growth of New India's innovations (AGNIi) is a transformative step in this direction. AGNIi empowers innovators inside research labs and at the grassroots with a platform to bring their solutions to industry and to market. By bringing innovators, academia and industry closer together, AGNIi will enable innovations to scale up and benefit society at large.
Housed at Invest India, the National Investment, Promotion and Facilitation Agency, AGNIi is spearheaded by a dedicated team under the Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government of India. By providing a platform for innovators to scale up their market ready products, AGNIi will help propel India into a new era of inclusive socio-economic growth.
To support and augment initiatives undertaken by multiple stakeholders driving India’s innovation goals and help connect owners of innovative and new-frontier solutions with the market.
Governing Council Co-Chairs
Professor K. VijayRaghavan is the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India and previously served as the Secretary of Department of… Read more
Mr. Pradeep Kumar Sinha was appointed the Cabinet Secretary of India on May 29, 2015 by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC). Mr. Sinha… Read more
AGNIi is an initiative of the Government of India to bring innovation, industry and society closer together. The initiative will help connect owners of innovative solutions with the market and industry and create the necessary synergies across the initiatives undertaken by multiple stakeholders driving India’s innovation goals.
Any individual, MSME, Startup, Research Programme, Academic institution or organization working on innovative products with at least a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) that can be commercialised can apply.
AGNIi hosts a gamut of services to help an innovator achieve their desired goal:
- Connection with the industry to scale up and advance the innovation to the market
- Expert feedback on design, unit economics and idea protection to help the innovator further refine their idea and strategy
- Online training modules for the innovators and mentorship programs/workshops
- Opportunities to network and connect with other ecosystem players and access to infrastructure for developing products
- Technology validation support and recognition by experts to support the innovator in their commercialization journey
- Support for different modes of commercialization such as technology transfer, licensing, joint ventures and setting up a business.
- Opening opportunities for funding and investment
- Recognition on a national platform for selected innovators and their work via outreach and marketing
Please complete the application form available on this website to submit your innovation. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered email ID.
The last date to apply for the first AGNIi cohort is 31st December 11.59 P.M. IST. The dates for the next cohort will be announced at a later date.
The scheme is open to both patented and non-patented technology.
AGNIi is a facilitation and not a funding program. The program includes facilitating select innovative solutions to connect with funding agencies and investors.